Sunday, February 27, 2011

Todays Interview with Vineyard Vines of Georgetown


Today I had an interview with a friend of mine who is a sales associate at Vineyard Vines which is located in Georgetown. Vineyard Vines is a retail clothing store which was started by two men, Shep and Ian Murry, in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. They now sell all sorts of summer'y' clothing and have an extensive line of ties for men.

I interviewed someone named Marty Jennings who lives in Bethesda, Maryland and commutes to Georgetown when he is not attending school at University of Maryland. I began the interview by asking him a few questions about Vineyard Vines, specifically there demographics of Vineyard Vines. He told me that Vineyard Vines targets the upper-middle class people who loves the beach and spending time at the country club. I then asked him about specific work of employees of Vineyard Vines and he told me there are two main positions. Sales associates who are responsible for sales, and general cleanliness of the store, and stock room employees who are responsible for keeping the store stocked up and making sure nothing is missing and everything is displayed well. I then went onto
to ask him about

The last few questions I asked him I found particularly interesting. The first one was, "What do the management look for when hiring new employees?" He responded by telling me they look for a specific appearance style in their employees as well as looking for personality traits. My final question to him was what is the difference between stores like Vineyard Vines, Ralph Lauren, and Brooks Brothers? He told me they all attract different people with different needs. Vineyard Vines attracts the fun loving people who don't want much out of their clothes where as places like Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers attract people who come for luxury clothes, personal alterations, and sales people who know all of their likes and needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment